Yarn Break Detection System for Multiaxial machines
Eltex Yarn Expert EYE
The EYE system from Eltex is capable of monitoring both the weft yarn and chopper yarns on a Multiaxial Warp Knitting Machine. It is designed to improve the efficiency and the quality and is essential to achieve a first quality product.
- The operator terminal is in colour and avaiable in 4″ and 7″ screen sizes
- Sensors are available with 1, 8, 10 and 12 eyelets.
- Each eyelet has a LED to indicate yarn fault position. The LED can also show learned positions, etc.
- The master control unit has six sensor bus connections.
- Up to 16 single end sensors or 12 multi eyelet sensors can be connected to each sensor bus.
- Fast learning of positions in use (no ON/OFF switches on the sensors)
- Simple installation, service friendly, self diagnostic
- Automatic addressing of all the system parts
- Easy to change system configuration
- Simple connections with modular connectors
- Robust sensors in metal housings
- Sensor parameters can be set for different groups of yarn, ex. different for weft yarn and chopper yarns
- The sensing of the yarns is synchronised with the weft carriers using the inhibit inputs
- I/O for one to six independent groups. The same control unit can be used for the weft and for the chopper yarns
- All events are logged in real time and can be used for statistics and diagnostics (For full benefit optional EYE-Analyzer must be used)
- The yarn fault position is showed both on the terminal and on the sensor
- CAN Bus (available for OEM interface)
Eltex Yarn Expert EYE contains of the Yarn break sensors, a master control unit and an operator terminal. The Yarn break sensors use the well proven piezoelectric principle. They are robust and can work with strong yarns and are not influenced by dust, dirt, humidity or ambient light. Multi-eyelet sensors are used for the weft yarns and single end sensors for the chopper yarns. The master control unit communicates with the sensors and the operator terminal. It processes all the data and gives stop and lamp indication signals when a yarn fault occurs.The touch screen operator terminal has a very user-friendly interface. The number of yarns in operation and position of yarn fault are clearly displayed.