15960 – 15962, for sewing machines
This thread sensor is designed to monitor up to 6 sewing threads on automatic sewing machines. It checks that the thread is moving in stitches.
Both no thread movement and continuous thread movement will result in an active output, which is normally used to stop the machine. It operates on the piezoelectric principle. This working principle makes it suitable for all types of thread and is insensitive to dust, dirt and humidity variations.
• Has a latching output suitable for Eltex central control units with latching function.
• If more than one thread sensor is used on one machine, the thread sensors must be connected in parallel.
• The models 15960 has ceramic bars.
• Has opto coupler input and output and is suitable for machines with PLC control system.
• The thread sensor can be used on a PLC control system with either plus or minus connected to earth.
• The PLC should be programmed to give a signal on the opto coupler input when the sewing machine is running and the threads must be moving.
• The thread sensor sends a stop on the opto coupler output if any yarn is not moving correctly during the time the thread sensor is active.
• The model 15961 has ceramic bars. The model 15962 has ceramic eyelets.