ETM model 14600
The Eltex Tension Monitor (ETM) is an on-line device for sewing machines
and similar applications. The device monitors the thread tension and also acts as a
thread break detector. It enables the operator to keep the thread tension within the
desired tension range for best operation and quality of the seam.
The ETM indicates, with LED’s, if the thread tension is outside the selected Indication
Limits. If the thread tension goes outside the selected Stop Limits, the ETM will
generate a stop signal to the machine.
- Monitors thread tension according to selected Indication Limits.
- Generates stop pulse when thread tension is outside the selected Stop Limits.
- Separate sensor head and electronics enables fitting in tight areas.
- Easy setting and clear readings through standard code switches.
- LED indication at Synchronization input.
- Open collector stop output allows different power sources for stop relay.
- Factory calibrated – no manual reset.
- ESD protected inputs and outputs.
- Standard 9-pole D-sub connector.
- Measuring range adjusted within: 0–1200cN
- Available measuring ranges:
0–128cN, 0–256cN, 0–384cN, 0–512cN, 0–640cN, 0–768cN, 0–896cN,
0–1024cN, 0–1152cN, 0–1280cN, (0–1408cN, 0–1536cN)
- Stop filter: 1–15 stitches
- RS422 parameters: 9600 baud, 1 start bit, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, 1 parity bit, even parity
- Supply voltage 10–38 V DC
- Maximum current consumption 50 mA
- Maximum start peak current 500 mA (*Note 1)
- Speed range 120–10 000 RPM
- Message alert pulse length Minimum 2 seconds
- Cable length between sensor head end electronics box 100 mm (50–500 mm on request)
- Electronic box dimensions Part No 14630 0,5 m, Part No 14631 0,1 m
- Sensor head dimensions see drawing
- Message alert output Optocoupler TLP127, max. 100 mA
- Synchronisation input Optocoupler TLP112, Rin 1.5 kΩ, Vin 5–35 Vdc
- Working ambient temperature range 15–45°C (60–110°F)
- Working ambient humidity range 0–95% RH (at 45°C) no condensation
*Note 1: At supply voltage 38 Vdc and power supply start-up time = 30 ms.
- Improves sewing quality.
- Allows you to operate with the correct yarn tension.
- Acts as a thread stop motion / thread break detector.
- Protects against overtension.
- Alerts the operator to dirt and dust in the thread tensioners.
- Makes it easier for the operator to set the correct bobbin tension.
- Gives you a possibility to equalize the bobbin thread consumption (multineedle machines).
- 14600 – Calibrated for 0–1000 cN
- 14604 – Calibrated for 0–400 cN
- 14606 – Calibrated for 0–600 cN
Other tension ranges on request
Can I help you?
Please contact me for enquiries or if you have specific questions about our products.