Sewing machine model, RS422 interfaced
ETM RS422 interfaced
The Eltex Tension Monitor (ETM) is an on-line device for sewing machines and similar applications. The device monitors the thread tension and also acts as a thread break detector. It enables the operator to keep the thread tension within the desired tension range for best operation and quality of the seam.
- Monitors thread tension according to limits set by the software through RS422 interface.
- Programmable measuring ranges.
- Programmable RS422 message with peak tension and monitor status for every stitch.
- Programmable stop filter function.
- Generates stop pulse when thread tension is outside the selected Stop Limits.
- Separate sensor head and electronics enables fitting in tight areas.
- LED indication of monitored limits and synchronization input.
- Alarm message possible through RS422 line and separate optocoupler output.
- Factory calibrated – no manual reset.
- ESD protected inputs and outputs (optocoupler).
- Measuring range adjusted within: 0–1200cN
- Available measuring ranges:
0–128cN, 0–256cN, 0–384cN, 0–512cN, 0–640cN, 0–768cN, 0–896cN,
0–1024cN, 0–1152cN, 0–1280cN, (0–1408cN, 0–1536cN)
- Stop filter: 1–15 stitches
- RS422 parameters: 9600 baud, 1 start bit, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, 1 parity bit, even parity
- Supply voltage 10–38 V DC
- Maximum current consumption 50 mA
- Maximum start peak current 500 mA (*Note 1)
- Speed range 120–10 000 RPM
- Message alert pulse length Minimum 2 seconds
- Cable length between sensor head end electronics box 100 mm (50–500 mm on request)
- Electronic box dimensions 100 x 61 x 25 mm (width x height x depth)
- Sensor head dimensions 25 x 42 x 29 mm (width x height x depth)
- Message alert output Optocoupler TLP127, max. 100 mA
- Synchronisation input Optocoupler TLP112, Rin 1.5 kΩ, Vin 5–35 Vdc
- Working ambient temperature range 15–45°C (60–110°F)
- Working ambient humidity range 0–95% RH (at 45°C) no condensation
*Note 1: At supply voltage 38 Vdc and power supply start-up time = 30 ms.
- Improves sewing quality.
- Allows you to operate with the correct thread tension.
- Acts as a thread stop motion / thread break detector.
- Protects against overtension.
- Alerts the operator to dirt and dust in the thread tensioners.
- Makes it easier for the operator to set the correct bobbin tension.