EYE – Eltex Yarn Expert Multi
EYE is a system for yarn break detection and statistics handling on textile machines. It is a flexible system that can be used on machines ranging from a few yarns to thousands.
The EYE system is rapidly learning the yarns in operation. The event logging function makes it possible to view the process statistics and pinpoint the weak spots in the process. All parameters are set on the operator terminal. System status and statistics are also displayed on the operator terminal.
Depending on the number of ends there is sometimes a need for a slave unit in combination with the EYE Master Control unit. When used on creels with EYE Multi eyelet sensors only, up to 72 sensors can be used on each control unit. When using single sensors up to 96 sensors can be used on each control unit.
Fast stop for yarn break
Fast learning of positions in use
Events are logged in real time for statistics and diagnostics
I/O for one to six independent machines
Simple installation, service friendly, self diagnostic
Modern, smart and proven bus system
Available with 1, 8, 10 or 12 eyelets
- The stop position is shown both on the terminal and on the sensor
- Ability to show user defined yarn position ID at yarn fault
- The stop function can be set for immediate stop or after a certain number of missing yarns
- Parameters can be set for different yarn groups and can also automatically change depending on machine speed
- Automatic addressing of all the system parts
- Easy to change system configuration
- Simple connections with modular connectors
- Robust sensors in metal housings
- CAN Bus, Ethernet or Modbus (available for OEM interface)
- Software updates can be quickly and easily installed
- Warping creels
- Winding machines
- Multiaxial warp knitting machines
- Heat set creels/winders
- Air entanglement machines
- Yarn preparation machines
- Cable machines
- General multithread applications
They EYE system contains of a master control unit, an operator terminal and yarn break sensors. The master control unit communicates with the sensors and the operator terminal. It processes all the data and gives stop and lamp indication signals when a yarn fault occurs.The touch screen operator terminal has a very user-friendly interface. The number of yarns in operation and position of yarn fault are clearly displayed. The Yarn break sensors use the well proven piezoelectric principle. They are robust and can work with a wide range of yarns and are not influenced by dust, dirt, humidity or ambient light. The sensors are available with 1, 8, 10 or 12 eyelets.
Different EYE applications